Saturday, August 11, 2012

Bee My Honey!


My husband is a beekeeper, and it was our 20th wedding anniversary so I suppose this table was inevitable!  
(Below are blocks and a holder from Blessings, Unlimited.) 


He started his beekeeping "career" last summer, and since then I have found so many cute bee items.  It was time they all went together on a table.  Note, also, some of our honey products on the yellow plate.

Fiesta makes makes sunflower colored plates with a bee pattern (now retired).  I gave my husband a set for Christmas last year.


I only have one place setting so I had to split it up around the table.  I also used juniper, black, sunflower, marigold and cream and heather Fiesta pieces.


We had fettucine alfredo with chicken, french bread with oil and vinegar for dipping, salad and watermelon for our special anniversary supper.




Silk daisies in Fiesta juniper disk pitcher with bee accent



Dessert! 

My first grade classroom will also feature a bee theme - "Mrs. V.'s Busy Bees", "We all BEE-LONG" ", "What's the BUZZ in Room 2003?".

Can you stand more bee puns?  Below is our 2011 Christmas letter:

BEE-fore 2011 comes to an end, it BEE-hooves us to reach out to with those who have BEE-friended us through the years and wish you and yours an un-BEE-lievably blessed holiday season!
Here's the BUZZ about what the Viesselman family has BEE-n up to:
Missy likes to BEE in many activities including speech, Target, band, robotics, math league, dance, school musical, church youth group, and the golf and tennis teams.  She got her drivers permit last summer and gets to BEE BEE-hind the wheel now.
J.T. BEE-gan working at Godfather's Pizza in August.  BEE-sides making pizzas, he takes part in knowledge bowl, math league, robotics and the tennis team.  He BEE-came a newly-licensed driver this year, too.
Sam's track team made a BEE-line for the state meet in June where his 4 x 800 relay finished 4th and the team took 2nd place. Sam BEE-came a college student in August when he entered the University of Minnesota Twin Cities majoring in biomedical engineering.  
Laura and Jerry were gracious hosts to our family at their home in BEE-utiful Monrovia, California last summer.  We got to see a Pacific BEE-ch and were BEE-dazzled by the big city of LA.
Nate asked Chariya Prom to BEE his HONEY  for life when he presented her with an engagement ring in June.  He will marry his BEE-trothed on August 18, 2012.
I have been busy as a BEE the past few months (and may-BEE a little crab-BEE) as I packed up my classroom at William Budd Elementary, finished my graduate classes, and unpacked about a BEE-zillion boxes in my new classroom at Fairmont Elementary. 
BEE-fore I say good-bye, I should tell you the reason BEE-hind all these BEE references which may have left you a little BEE-wildered.  I wrote them BEE-cause Terry BEE-came a BEE keeper this year.  His worker BEEs rewarded him with golden honey and honey comb that tastes as good as it looks.   But don't BEE alarmed!  My hub-BEE is still hard at work keeping our county from being STUNG by crime...the BEEs are just a hob-BEE.
From our hive to yours, we hope that you will BEE overwhelmed with joy this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment