Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

Gung Hay Fat Choy means Happy New Year!
I created this Asian tablescape for a Hospice Tour of Tables fundraiser several years ago.
Unfortunately, this is the only photo I have of the table.

 

I found some silky, gold Asian-themed fabric at Wal-Mart and had it made into a table square, napkins and chair scarves.
The plates sat on rattan place mats.  I used juniper Fiesta plates and other juniper pieces (see disk pitcher in photo).  
I placed red envelopes and chop sticks on the plates. (Children are given red envelopes filled with money for Chinese New Year.)
Replica Chinese coins were scattered around the table.
Paper lanterns hung from a metal hook served as a centerpiece.
Table favors were little red take-out boxes with fortune cookies inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment