Thursday, July 25, 2013

A Slice of Summer

Watermelons make such a fun summer-themed table!


This place setting consists of a watermelon placemat, a Fiesta flamingo dinner plate, a Fiesta scarlet luncheon plate, a Fiesta juniper salad plate, and a watermelon slice appetizer plate I got at an area gift shop.  The coffee cup is from Cracker Barrel and flatware is from Oneida.


This place setting uses a lemongrass luncheon plate in place of the scarlet used in the previous picture.  The placemat was rectangular-shaped when I purchased it.  There was a yellow border around the watermelon.  As the placemats are vinyl, I was able to cut the yellow border off and was left with a watermelon slice shaped placemat.




Large watermelon platter



These pieces have the Cracker Barrel logo on them.  I got them at a rummage sale.


More Cracker Barrel pieces


Close up of checkered table square.  It anchors the centerpiece and marries the reds and pinks on the table together.


This tray came from a party supply store.


 I put ivy in the large watermelon pitcher.




Back of centerpiece


Napkins were placed inside the coffee cups.  When I checked my (paper) napkin stash, I discovered three different kinds of watermelon napkins.  I really love watermelons!



Fresh raw green beans and veggie dip


Of course, we had watermelon!


Watermelon on watermelon platter
Note fabric watermelon coaster under glass in background


Broccoli and Cauliflower in scarlet bowl


Fresh buns(!) on scarlet platter


Green bean casserole made from fresh beans from our garden


Watermelon salt and pepper shakers

No comments:

Post a Comment