Monday, July 16, 2012

BLUE AND YELLOW


It's a brutally hot summer day here in the Midwest, but you know what they say - "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade". Maybe I took that saying a little too literally in creating this cool blue tablescape with yellow accents, but I love the results.



I used Fiesta plates, bowls and accessory pieces in cobalt, sunflower, marigold and ivory.  I got the blue goblets from my mom.  
I have had the glass cobalt luncheon (or bread and butter) plates for several years, and I'm not sure where I got them.  They remind me of depression glass.

 Each place setting featured a yellow wildflower tucked into the napkin ring.  



I saw a pretty blue and yellow tablescape featuring a lemon centerpiece years ago at a Tour of Tables event and have wanted to create my own version ever since.










Cold lemonade - so refreshing!

The table decorations included two glass bluebirds of happiness which were received from guests at our wedding twenty years ago next month.





No comments:

Post a Comment