Sunday, July 29, 2012

Colors of the Caribbean

.

This is a special one to me.  Created by my mom and myself in the late 90s for the Tour of Tables fundraiser,  the tablescape featured my first set of Fiesta dishes - four place settings each in periwinkle blue, seamist green, and turquoise.  We used napkins and placemats in shades of blue and green and my mom's blue goblets.

  


Bouillon cups  placed on the table contained Jelly Belly jelly beans in the table's color scheme.
There were many natural sea shells which served  as decoration and as holders for short candles.  The table also featured many other nautical-themed items.



The place cards were made by hot gluing real sand dollars onto plain white place cards after tying ribbons through holes in the sand dollars and coloring the flower design on the sand dollars with markers.


These little notes were rolled up, tied with a blue ribbon and placed beside each place setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment