Friday, July 6, 2012

Inspired by Bev


Bev, my teaching assistant, gave me these pretty violets in this adorable pot.  After I brought the plant home from school, I kept looking at it and thinking that the stripes on the pot were close in color to lemongrass and shamrock Fiesta.  I also loved the accents of yellow and deep purple in the flowers, and, before I knew it...a tablescape was born!


I used Fiesta dinnerware pieces in lemongrass, shamrock, marigold, sunflower and seamist green.  I like to use items I already own to create my tables as much as possible, but I really wanted that extra pop of deep purple.  A trip to the Dollar Store solved the problem.  I tried to locate purple tapers but they didn't have any.  I did, however, find purple paper napkins.  What a great accent!
I layered three green placemats to serve as a table runner.
The marigold pieces on the table look orange in these photos but are a bright yellow color when viewed in person.


Thanks, Bev!

No comments:

Post a Comment